corpus-paul - Re: the role of the law in salvation-history

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Lorna Wilson" <lornawilson28 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: the role of the law in salvation-history
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:15:30 -0400

I am getting on this conversation late but to piggyback on what George Athas said earlier I will reference Galatians 3:35 where the writer describes the law functioning as a tutor, schoolmaster and disciplinarian as well as 'served as a corporate standard for living.'

Although Galatians 3:19 states that 'the law was added because of transgression' I do not believe it implies that 'Israel further consigned to sin by the Law'

Lorna Wilson