ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of October 11, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of October 11, 2008
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:02:31 -0400

Actually, all this talk about "verbal pacts" and the breakage thereof, and making a popular local band "work harder" to book a show where you've admitted you had no other volunteers, makes you look like the royal king of the hardasses. Makes me glad I have no need, nor any future plans, to ever have bidness dealings with you.

But whatever!

local506 AT gmail.com wrote:
We begged and begged and made promises and did a little nagging.

Although there is some truth to this statement, I don't want to be
presented as a harder-ass than most of you already know me as. In
this case, the band in question had a verbal pact in regards to their
last 506 show and then proceeded to break said pact. So yes, they had
to work a little harder to get this show (although truth be told, no-
one else even inquired about playing it oddly enough.) - glenn