ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of October 11, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Matt <matt.kalb AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of October 11, 2008
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

> Thursday, October 16
> Cantwell, Gomez, Jordan =A0 =A0(http://www.cantwellgomezandjordan.com)
> Le Weekend =A0 =A0(http://www.myspace.com/leweekendleband)
> Minchia =A0 =A0(http://www.myspace.com/minchianc)
> Bull City Headquarters, Durham
>
> At least two of these bands are big Steely Dan fans, but unless yr
> wavelength is pretty dang advanced, you might be hard-pressed to pick up
> on it. Although the other day I was watching this live Steely Dan video
> of "Black Friday" and Le Weekend actually did start making a bit more
> sense to me.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dq1ZV4Mx7tw8

I'm very sad to report Minchia won't be playing (they have broken up,
which really sucks). But I'm happy to report Impossible Arms will
take up the charge. You better believe Mike Myerson is a Steely Dan
fan...get him drunk and ask him about "Barrytown."

Yep, go ahead and make plans to come out to this one.

Lev,
Matt/Le Weekend