ch-scene - Re: Cat's Cradle & Durham?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Cat's Cradle & Durham?
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:57:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008, Chris Calloway wrote:

--- On Fri, 9/19/08, martin hall <mdhall005 AT gmail.com> wrote:
I think that the area does miss out on some tours due to
the lack of a
viable 1000-1500 seat venue.

How is Fletcher Theater not viable? Leaky roof? Fixed seating? Too comfy? Frank already does shows there. Of Montreal is coming up soon.

Joe Satriani is also playing Fletcher Hall in October, and he played the Ritz/Disco Rodeo when he played RTP in the 90s. I've seen Sigur Ros, Lou Reed, the Dresden Dolls, and They Might Be Giants in Fletcher Hall.

Steve B