ch-scene - Re: Cat's Cradle & Durham?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeremy Blair" <jerblar AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Cat's Cradle & Durham?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:43:24 -0400

Consider Black Keys coming in Oct....this is a Cradle show that is being
held at Disco Rodeo. Would the Cradle keep the Black Keys in house if they
had a larger venue, or is there some behind the scene reason that this one
is being farmed out to Disco?

The Cradle's Oct line up has shows at Meymandi, Carolina Theatre, and
Lincoln Theatre also. My gut feel says they could fill a larger venue
regularly and they probably pay more to have a show at these other places.
Meymandi is an opera house, beautiful...that can't be cheap.