ch-scene - Re: Cat's Cradle & Durham?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Gorman <goylemjax AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Cat's Cradle & Durham?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 06:47:16 -0700 (PDT)

No offense, but Disco Rodeo is just about the last place I would ever
want
to go see a band. In fact it may be *the* last place.

I'm not sure this can be emphasized enough. This place is just utter
shit, both the sound, the placement of the raised dance floor in the
middle of the club (which is probably great if you're out dancing, but
makes it useless for anyone behind hoping to see the stage) and most
of the people who own and/or staff it. The only possible reason to
see a show there is if it's free and you can bring yr own cooler and
avoid their inflated $ for beer.