ch-scene - Re: Cat's Cradle & Durham?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Cat's Cradle & Durham?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:44:08 -0400

Hopefully David will see this question & respond, as he is an obsessive reader of Pollstar & would likely be able to rattle off a dozen examples in about 5 seconds.

All the bands *I* like draw about 50 people, so it's kind of a moot point for me.

James Hepler wrote:
No acts come to mind directly, but it does seem as though the Orange Peel
(950 capacity to the cradle's 650) in Asheville is becoming the new
destination for bands that draw in that 1000 people range. Smashing
Pumpkins I guess might be an example, albeit a poor one. Perhaps New
Pornographers, Peter, Bjorn, & John, etc?