ch-scene - Re: Local music... who decides?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local music... who decides?
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:56:54 -0500

hepstyle AT gmail.com wrote:
If you don't mind my asking, or hell, even if you do, what does a
manager have to offer a band that can't book local shows, and how do
you get compensated? I've been in bands for 18 years now and have
never had a manager, nor do I know what role a manager is supposed to
play.

Just rent the DVD of "Flight of the Conchords" and observe the character Murray. All of your questions will be answered.