ch-scene - Re: Local music... who decides?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mimi McLaughlin <pneurotics AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Local music... who decides?
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:40:02 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 6, 2:58=A0am, local... AT gmail.com wrote:
> You know, I could probably write an entire book replying to all the
> stuff that has mentioned in this thread but, alas, time gets in the
> way. =A0With that said, I did want to check the level of interest in
> doing a local music networking/discussion night on such topics
> (booking, press, radio, etc.) - I personally think there is a lot of
> information that could be shared and in a better format that amch.
> This is an idea I've been bouncing around for a while. =A0Thoughts?

Hey Glenn, and others

I think this is a fabulous idea. There was a group that gathered at
BCHQ
a handful of times on topics such as booking, recording, merch... the
idea
and potential for building community and having accessible
information
was great. For whatever reason, attendance tapered with time, but I
think (as this thread suggests) that the interest would still be
there.

I'm more than willing to be one to help out with running/organizing/
helping in
whatever capacity on this.

Lemme know.

Mimi