ch-scene - Upcoming Shows at 506

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Upcoming Shows at 506
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:42:42 -0800 (PST)

A slightly updated version that went out to our mailing list,
including new additions Tapes'N Tapes/White Denim and Longwave/
Hopewell shows.

Tonight, we'll give our ears a break and show the UNC/Duke game, as
Marah has canceled. I will also take this chance to tell everyone to
check out Black Mountain - I love this band and can't wait for this
show!

And directly from our monthly newsetter: Lastly, a heads-up. Although,
for the most part, I am happy with our new smoking policy (smoking
limited to bar area), I'm still quite disappointed at how many
cigarette butts are swept-up on a given night. We do provide ashtrays
and, although I'm not a smoker, I would think finding an ashtray for
your cigarette butts is better than marching your other butt outside
in the cold. A lot of people would prefer we become non-smoking
completely - so think about that the next time you use the floor as
your ashtray.

Okay, I guess this is a lot like our newsletter, without the free
ticket giveaways...glenn

2/6 WED UNC vs. Duke (Marah has cancelled)
2/7 THU WHITE WILLIAMS / ECSTATIC SUNSHINE / RINGS
2/8 FRI WXYC Early 90's Dance
2/9 SAT ERIE CHOIR / NATHAN OLIVER / JEN RICHELSON
2/10 SUN Gorilla Productions Presents Battle of the Bands featuring a
clerestory / 100 yorktown / shawn deena / panda force / lucy sumner &
the 2nd third / nine mile rd. / pure fiyah reggae band (featuring king
ayoola) / the spencer scholes band / the syndicate / j and the tat /
illegal cadillac / hold hands and run
2/11 MON 506 Free For All: 9PM TRAFFIC / DELOREAN
2/12 TUE UNC vs. Virginia
2/13 WED RYAN BINGHAM & THE DEAD HORSES / AMERICAN AQUARIUM /
KENNEBEC
2/14 THU TRIPP / JASON ADAMO / LUEGO / JEFF CRAWFORD
2/15 FRI Mister Flowers of WXDU 88.7 presents "Love is Local" with
SUPASTITION / TYLER HIPNOSIS / CRASH / K-HILL / BIG TREAL / BIG
REMO / KOOLEY HIGH Plus DJ
Forge
2/16 SAT JEREMY FISHER / BROOKE WAGGONER / JIM BIANCO
2/17 SUN BLACK MOUNTAIN / BLOOD ON THE WALL
2/18 MON BON IVER / MEGAFAUN
2/19 TUE Pinkie Swear Presents LESLIE & THE LY'S / TOTALLY MICHAEL /
ROBO SAPIEN
2/20 WED ATLAS SOUND / WHITE RAINBOW / VALET
2/21 THU International Pop Overthrow Festival: SNMNMNM / BRETT
HARRIS / WE KNOW, PLATO / MIDNITE SUN / AIRSPACE / LOVE JONES / THE
LOVE WILLOWS / DOWN BY AVALON (See local506.com for set times)
2/22 FRI International Pop Overthrow Festival: THE SHAZAM /
STRATOCRUISER / MICHAEL SLAWTER & THE SAVING GRACES / THE TREASURY /
IN TECHNICOLOR / GOGOPILOT / THE FIRE APES / BROADFIELDS MARCHERS (See
local506.com for set times)
2/23 SAT International Pop Overthrow Festival: THE GONDOLIERS / MONDO
TOPLESS / THE ABOVE / ABSOLUTELY THE MAYBES (featuring Chris Stamey
and Matt McMichaels) / THE STARS EXPLODE / THE HUGUENOTS / THE YOUNG
SONS / ADMIT ONE (See local506.com for set times)
2/24 SUN International Pop Overthrow Festival: VELVET / ED JAMES /
JAMES DEEM / SHAME IDOLS / THE SKETCHES / THE FRAUDS / LEISURE
McCORKLE / DAN BRYK / TONY LOW (See local506.com for set times)
2/25 MON Taz Halloween's Chatham County Luau
2/26 TUE THE SPIDER BAGS / THE SELMANAIRES / ANNA KRAMER & THE LOST
CAUSE
2/27 WED KRIS ROE (of The Ataris playing 'Blue Skies, Broken
Hearts...") / EN SERENADE / COOL ETHAN
2/28 THU BOXBOMB / TELESCREEN
2/29 FRI BEACH HOUSE / PAPERCUTS / WIL DONEGAN AND THE APOLOGIES
3/1 SAT KERBLOKI / HUNDRED AIR / AUXES
3/2 SUN MIKEY POWELL & THE VILLAINS TRUST
3/4 TUE DR. DOG / A. A. BONDY
3/5 WED PARTS & LABOR / ECSTATIC SUNSHINE
3/6 THU SAY HI / THE BIG SLEEP
3/7 FRI BORN RUFFIANS / CADENCE WEAPON / HAMMER NO MORE THE FINGERS
3/8 SAT Pinky Swear Presents MEN (JD & JO of Le Tigre) / HEY
WILLPOWER
3/10 MON LONGWAVE / HOPEWELL
3/12 WED Cyco Logic Presents DIRTY SOUTH REVOLUTIONAIRES / OPPRESSED
LOGIC / HEAD ON COLLISION / K.I.F.F.
3/13 THU PULSOPTIONAL / PHON / CRAIG HILTON
3/14 FRI MAX INDIAN / TH E LOVE LANGUAGE
3/15 SAT Rawkus Records presents KAZE feat.The RAWKUS 50
3/16 SUN Cat's Cradle Presents BLACK LIPS / QUINTRON & MISS
PUSSYCAT / THE GONDOLIERS
3/17 MON Cat's Cradle Presents TILLY & THE WALL / CAPGUN COUP /
MIDTOWN DICKENS
3/18 TUE HOLY FUCK / A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS / RED COLLAR
3/19 WED LE LOUP / THE RUBY SUNS (Bodies of Water are no longer
playing)
3/20 THU DUB TRIO / FOREIGN ISLANDS
3/21 FRI ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE / DANAVA
3/22 SAT NICOLE ATKINS & THE SEA / PARLOR MOB
3/23 SUN BLITZEN TRAPPER / FLEET FOXES / AUXILIARY HOUSE
3/26 WED SALLY ANTHONY
3/27 THU The Carolina Women's Center presents THE MOANERS
3/28 FRI DELTA SPIRIT / PORT O'BRIEN
3/29 SAT VIOLET VECTOR & THE LOVELY LOVELIES CD Release Party with UN
DEUX TROIS / THE CURTAINS OF NIGHT
4/1 TUE THE HANKS
4/3 THU THE DIRTBOMBS / KELLEY STOLTZ / DIRTY LITTLE HEATERS
4/4 FRI HOWLIN RAIN
4/5 SAT PICO VS. ISLAND TREES
4/6 SUN DAVID DONDERO
4/8 TUE Pinkie Swear Presents SCREAM CLUB
4/11 FRI Signalfest
4/12 SAT Signalfest
4/15 TUE AMERICAN PRINCES
4/16 WED ENDLESS MIC
4/17 THU SHAKERMAKER CD Release Party
4/18 FRI THE STRUGGLERS CD Release Party with THE NEVER / MAX
INDIAN
4/19 SAT BELLAFEA CD Release Party
4/21 MON CLOUD CULT
4/23 WED MEGAFAUN
4/24 THU TAPES'N TAPES / WHITE DENIM
4/25 FRI THE FRENCH KICKS
4/26 SAT Daily Tar Heel's Diversions Presents HAMMER NO MORE THE
FINGERS / FUTURE KINGS OF NOWHERE / VIOLET VECTOR & THE LOVELY
LOVELIES
4/30 WED CHRIS BARRON
5/15 THU INDIAN JEWELRY

  • Upcoming Shows at 506, local506, 02/06/2008