ch-scene - Re: USB turntable at Costco

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: USB turntable at Costco
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:38:34 -0800 (PST)

I did some googlin' on the subject, and conventional wisdom seems to
be that if you already have a good turntable (I do, but haven't used
it hardly at all of late) and a decent sound card in your computer,
you should spend your cash on the USB conversion box and software that
Ross speaks of. I found a couple box/software combos online in the
$200 range. IIRC the turntable at Costco was the Ion that James
linked to.

I probly only have 10 or 15 (at most) pieces of vinyl that I'd really
like to digitize, so I'm not all that convinced I need to drop $200 so
I can have a CD of "Forever Came Today" by the Flesh Eaters. My sort-
of-still-new-to-me car has a cassette player in it I've never even
tried out - this might be the way to jam econo.