ch-scene - Re: (UCE) Re: USB turntable at Costco

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ben Donnelly" <bendonnelly AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: (UCE) Re: USB turntable at Costco
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:25:03 -0500

On 11/15/07, ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com> wrote:

> If you really do rip LPs, you're gonna put a bunch of time into it. Do
> you really want to finish the job only to realize that the fidelity
> sucks or your TT has a nice slow speed warble?

This is what I figure the output from said turntable is going to be
like, and I can't imagine the software that comes bundled with it is
that easy to use, either. I think anyone likely to find the output
acceptable will only have about 10 albums they want to transfer
anyways, and are better off re-buying the CDs at the same price.

Vinyl ripping tip: I transferred a bunch of records only to find they
had this noticeable background buzz when I listened closely. Only
after painstakingly troubleshooting every step of the digitizing
process did I realize I hadn't grounded the turntable when I set it up
near the computer.

-bendy