ch-scene - Re: USB turntable at Costco

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: cree <plasticflamepress AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: USB turntable at Costco
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 02:39:57 -0800 (PST)

I was looking into this and found an offer through the website for an
Audio Technica LP to digital turntable for $69.99 (plus $5 shipping)
after rebate. The main concern I've read about these USB turntables is
that the software either doesn't work correctly or isn't very user-
friendly. Software that comes with is Cakewalk Pyro.
Item # 217322
Some reviews, though they might be for a slightly different model:
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000FB44VA/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

There is also the ION one on the site, but it's more expensive.
Reviews through amazon of an ION one:
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000BUEMOO/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

hope this helps some.
=cree