ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:08:39 -0400

James Hepler wrote:
--- grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

C'mon James, just admit it . . . you *already*
didn't care if you killed him.

With smoking, probably not. I meant with my car on
the way home.
I don't get why we can't have a free exchange of ideas
without knuckleheads chiming in with hyperbolic,
sensationalist crap.
I thought his characterization was pretty accurate and about how I would describe it. Most smokers I know smoke because they are addicted. The smoke is poisonous. Not really hyperbole.

I love my friends who smoke, but it doesn't make their cigarette smoke not poisonous or them any less addicted than they are.

chris