ch-scene - Re: best way to support artists?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: best way to support artists?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:23:34 -0800 (PST)

How cool would it be if there were a student group on
campus dedicated to not only bringing local bands to
campus for shows, but also sponsoring shows at local
clubs. With a little bit of student fee funding, they
could pay three bands $50 each and have shows for
free. That would support both the bands and the
venues.

If only there were three students who read this list
and had the time and gumption to do it.