ch-scene - Re: best way to support artists?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: best way to support artists?
  • Date: 14 Feb 2006 20:10:11 -0800

All I'm trying to say is there a lot of people who email me offline or
talk to me at the club about stuff I've posted and, several times, I
have been told they don't post on amch in fear of being flamed by you
(or someone else.) Others I've heard have stopped reading altogether.

Your inflation argument doesn't factor in alternative choices, such as
the fact that you can now get music more cheaply (or free) if you
choose. I try not to pay over $12 cos at that point, I'll just look to
burn it from someone. Plus, because it's so cheap to produce CDs,
there are more to choose from. Even though I own 1000's of CDs, there
are plenty of things I'd still like to own so there is no shortage of
acts clamoring for my dollars.

glenn