ch-scene - Re: best way to support artists?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: best way to support artists?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:18:42 -0800 (PST)

Well you can forget about CUAB until some people who
really appreciate the local music community get off
their asses and get themselves on the board. WXYC
does a lot already, and that's because there are
motivated individuals who take it upon themselves to
do the work.

Both of those groups are fairly exclusive in terms of
who they bring into their flock. I was thinking that
if a handful of people put their heads together, they
could form a recognized student group. A fund raiser
or two, some funds from SAFO, and they could get some
shit done. I tried when I worked at the student
union, but I was staff and therefore just a sponsor
for the group. We couldn't get our act together and
didn't do a thing.