ch-scene - Re: why you should never move to Boston

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Nathaniel Florin <npflorin AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: why you should never move to Boston
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:03:02 -0800 (PST)

Doesn't Bagels on the Hill sell a lot of other things
beside bagels? And I remember they have something like
15 different kinds. Both of these are warning signs.

The best bagel I ever had was in Montreal, from Le
Maison du Bagel on the Plateau. They're open 24 hours,
have no chairs or tables, and only sell one kind of
bagel (Montreal has its own bagel style, smaller and a
bit sweeter than a New York bagel). No cream cheese,
no butter, nothing like that, just bagels in a brown
paper bag. They have a few people in the back baking,
one guy who spends all day raking bagels into a bin,
and the clerk taking your money. *That* is a bagel
shop.

Nate