ch-scene - Re: why you should never move to Boston

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: why you should never move to Boston
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:12:46 -0500

Duncan Murrell wrote:

Finally, even in New York there's debate about what a proper bagel tastes like, and some old-schoolers will only eat the small, crunchy, dense kind, while others think the proper bagel is large, crunchy and chewy. Both styles are "authentic," but they're definitely different. I suppose it comes down to the care and individual attention and freshness.

Twenty years ago, I still heard debate over egg bagels vs. water bagels. Many nations have fallen in these wars.

- bendy