ch-scene - Re: why you should never move to Boston

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bo Williams <bowilliams AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: why you should never move to Boston
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:24:50 -0500

Further investigation shows it could have just been clumsy paraphrasing.

The quote I pasted ("The pulled pork is also smoky, and thus inauthentic,
but justly popular.") was from a condensed review in the "Year in Dining"
column in this week's Boston Phoenix (www.bostonphoenix.com)

I dug up the original quote and have included it below:

"I settled in for an early dinner of a "North Carolina pulled pork" sandwich
($5.95) on site and a trio barbecue combo ($12.95) to take home for further
analysis. The pulled pork was delicious, but completely inauthentic and much
too smoky."

>From this, it is unclear whether he blames smokiness for lack of
authenticity. I blame paying $6 for a sammich. To its credit, Blue Ribbon is
the only place up here with something at least resembling a smokehouse. They
also have the most delicious mac & cheese.

On a even-slightly-local note, I'll contribute that since my parents have
relocated to Bath, NC, I've discovered that Hog Heaven in little Washington
sells some damn tasty pork.

Bo