ch-scene - Re: why you should never move to Boston

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: why you should never move to Boston
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:44:56 -0800 (PST)

Duncan wrote:
>It's not like dropping fresh dough into hot fat, like a doughnut.
Freshness is key -- you should be eating it within an hour of the
bagel popping out of the oven.

I guess it's more like a doughnut than you think. As far as I'm concerned, a
doughnut, meaning a KK, should be eaten within five minutes of coming out of
the oven.

Similarly, we should not be complaining about Southern bagels. You are just
going to the wrong place. A KK doughnut *is* a Southern bagel, and is clearly
superior to anything from Yankeeland or Canuckistan.

Bo, sorry for your loss. You have my sympathies.

I would be interested to know if this Hog Heaven in Bath is in any way
related to the Hog Heaven in Durham. Bath is a pretty town.

3