ch-scene - Re: this happens from time to time, but

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Whit <tedpossum AT nope.bellsouth.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: this happens from time to time, but
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 12:37:36 -0400

I think this is really no contest, and I won't even count the sound:

1. Cradle is non-smoking
2. Cradle beer is cheaper and more diverse.
3. Cradle, I bet, has more seats, at least on a sq ft basis.
4. Ritz doesn't allow re-entry should you have to go outside. At least
the last time I was there.
5. If it's possible, the Cradle's cement floor actually seems softer to me.
6. Cradle has the ingenious wormhole that allows you to get at least
halfway back to the bar and bathrooms without having to push through the
worst part of a crowd. I've always admired that, whoever devised it.
Seconds can be precious.
7. More food and alcohol in walking distance.

-whit

...spoken like a true grumpy old man.