ch-scene - Re: this happens from time to time, but

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: this happens from time to time, but
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:05:46 -0400

James Hepler wrote:
why this time? Why these shows?

And $25 for Dinosaur Jr. tickets? DAMN YOU FATE!

For the Bob-n-Willie show, may I recommend a little weekend journey to either:

Fri 6/10 - Salem VA Salem Memorial Baseball Stadium
Sat 6/11 - Greensboro NC First Horizon Park

Yeah, and I've been having a little trouble figuring that DinoJr ticket price as well. Understand that I'll pay and go, will easily get my money's worth of rock, and it's cool the lineup is back together, and this is the "cashing in big time" tour and all, but I just don't expect an experience that is _that_ different from the various J.Mascis+2 lineups I've seen over the years. And those were usually pretty cheap, sometimes rather poorly attended, and we generally pretty darn entertaining. Hype, as related to reunion tours particularly, is a pretty funny thing.

--rt