ch-scene - Re: Anthropology

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: mc^2 <thebackyardbbq AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Anthropology
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:56:13 -0800 (PST)

Dancing.

If you do a little digging, you will find that in the
towns where there exists a real chunk of blue collar
workers who later go out to the clubs in those towns,
*there* is the dancing.

The wealthier the towns, the less the need for the
release of stress.

For the most part, the "poor" people in the scene here
are poor strictly by choice, because I've yet to meet
anyone here, "in the scene, man" whose parents weren't
both at least high school graduates. Not many
offspring of 4th grade drop-out textile workers,
that's a fact. Towns where the working poor can also
manage to live in those towns--that's where the
dancing is at fever pitch.

And, uh, I don't know. I guess I like to dance.

mc^2