ch-scene - Re: Anthropology

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Anthropology
  • Date: 11 Mar 2005 02:27:32 GMT

thebackyardbbq AT yahoo.com (mc^2) wrote in
20050311005247.19063.qmail AT web54604.mail.yahoo.com:">news:20050311005247.19063.qmail AT web54604.mail.yahoo.com:

>> mc^2 wrote:

>> > I don't know about that, but the current data I've
>> > collected indicates Ross and/or 3 may be some
>> > cross-gendered scenester expression of Ms.
>> Bitters.
>> >

>> > mc^2
>> > -------
>> > GIR: Wait, if you destroy DIB in the past, then he
>> > won't ever be your enemy, and you won't have to
>> send a
>> > robot back to destroy him, and then he WILL be
>> your
>> > enemy, so then you WILL have to send a robot
>> > back...[BOOM: GIR's head explodes and his torso
>> > collapses, sizzling]
>> >

> --- grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
>> So nice that you've found each other. Tell me, Emcee
>> Squared, how do you
>> feel about Farscape?

> Isn't that the one with the blue chick? Not the one
> with the German chick and the lip implants, right?
>
> mc^2

Grady is referring to the fact that I have spent an inordinate amount of
time corresponding with a band of crazies in the Farscape newsgroup. He's
googled me and the 30 thousand or so hits that will generate point to an
embarrasment of riches in trivia, oneliners, flame wars, dirty jokes, some
essays and reviews, and a lot of time spent in online chit-chat.

Farscape has been canceled for approximately 3 years. It was a very good
sci-fi series. The series has passed, but there are still a few people who
hang out in the newsgroup and we yuck it up in the interstices of our days.

The same google will show that I am a flaming liberal, published in the
psychological literature (80's era), and am a SAS programmer working in
clinical trials.

I also build boats.

And Margie Fishman of the N&O quoted me as saying ringside is a kind of
"Playboy Club for Slackers".