ch-scene - Re: Anthropology

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: domcasualties AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Anthropology
  • Date: 8 Mar 2005 12:45:30 -0800

Public Enemy: "You can move, if ya wanna move"

So be it. I dance when I feel like it, and if I'm feeling especially
sprightly, I will pogo. People used to make fun of me for doing so
years ago. They'd get up beside me and start leaping up and down for
about thirty seconds, then decide it wasn't worth making fools of
themselves and quit. Whatever. I'm not there for them; I'm there
for the music. I spend about one to two hours every day jumping around
the house while listening to the stereo, so doing so at live shows is a
natural. Then there was the fuckhead at a Flat Duo Jets show in
Charlotte in '89 who kept trying to roll beer bottles under my
feet...

At the big MAJIC show way back whenever, the only other person besides
me dancing during the Duo Jets was Ross. Lots of times, he and his gal
are still about the only ones doing it when I go to shows.

Alcohol consumption:
I rarely drink, but when I do, I most definitely feel like dancing, and
more often than not end up making out with strangers.

I should drink more.
Jamie