ch-scene - Re: Anthropology

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mary Anne Barckhoff <barckhoff AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Anthropology
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:06:30 -0800 (PST)

Well, of course it's to avoid paying fees! They have
a sign posted, and it's really in everyone's best
interest to respect the club owner's request. I admit
before we actually noticed the sign, we probably did
play a cover or two and no one complained. I have
heard other bands play covers at The Cave, too. But,
you know, it's like everything else, before you get
caught... I've heard of places that had BMI or ASCAP
reps pay them a visit, and the owners promptly got all
Nazi about not doing covers, so it can happen!

mab