ch-scene - Re: here's a thought...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: here's a thought...
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:10:02 -0500

Sure, but they don't let those cultural differences prevent them from, say, providing health care to every Canadian citizen.

I'm not looking to get away from people who're different than me; I've lived in the South for nearly 25 years, and one thing I've learned is that people who're different than me are sometimes *really* good cooks.

It would just be nice to be around people who can acknowledge individual differences without immediately leaping to the conclusion that (a) said differences are bad, and (b) different people should be legislated against.

Ross

Nathaniel Florin wrote:

You know, Canada is a lot more complicated than people
think it is. A lot of people in Alberta, "the Texas of
Canada", would be shocked that people thought of them
as a blue province. And parts of the Maritimes are
basically Appalachia with lobster boats.

Nate

--- grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

A friend sent me a link to this alternative:

http://letsriot.com/stuff/new_map.jpg