ch-scene - Re: Thank yr local CD retailer

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: domcasualties AT yahoo.com (Jamie McLendon)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Thank yr local CD retailer
  • Date: 22 Jul 2004 10:31:17 -0700

> So is there a happy feel-good ending to this story? Fuck no. I bought
> the goddamn Ray Charles box set at Borders, and most of the music I buy
> lately I order over the internet.

Aye, as do I, though I'm out here in Graham, so I've got limited
possibilities for getting a quick fix (though not for too much longer.
Calloway, you aren't still interested in taking over my apartment, are
you?)

I do want to put in a plug for CD Alley, though, as they consistently
have exactly what I'm looking for, including the incredible Goodbye,
Babylon boxed set that I picked up there in April. Also, I was in
there a couple of weeks ago, and they had a copy of Sam Cooke and the
Soul Stirrers, brand new and in stock, which I thought I was going to
have to order from online somewhere. Hats off to them!

Jamie