ch-scene - Re: Thank yr local CD retailer

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: domcasualties AT yahoo.com (Jamie McLendon)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Thank yr local CD retailer
  • Date: 23 Jul 2004 10:28:02 -0700

> Aw, I was oogling this online yesterday. I assumed it was incredible. Is
> it *Anthology of American Folk Music* incredible, or merely *Nuggets II*
> incredible?

I can't honestly answer that, as I don't own AAFM, though I have
debated picking it up. I will say that GB has slowly grown to be the
most played set of cds in my collection over the last two-three
months, and piquing my interest enough to go out and get Gospel Blues,
a biography of Thomas A. Dorsey's life.

That said, Nuggets II is about my favorite boxed set, period, so
that's a really tough call for me. I have a tendency to favor genre
boxes over single-artist boxes anyway. So I guess my response doesn't
really help, does it? ;)

Just buy the thing. You won't regret it. (And thanks for the Bear
Family info)

We got the same kinda power over here,
Jamie