ch-scene - Re: Thank Dennis, Isaac, Lauren, et al for Nightlight (was "nightlight website?")

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Thank Dennis, Isaac, Lauren, et al for Nightlight (was "nightlight website?")
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:11:30 -0700 (PDT)

I once urged a bunch of people to find and shop at
their local music store and got called hypocritical
because I'm in a band that has CD's for sale at Best
Buy.com. So I don't bring it up anymore.

Offbeat is new, and I'm prepared to give them extra
slack because of that. But you go in there, and the
first thing you think is, "now I know what millennium
did with their racks, etc." It's very clean, but
sparse. I go into CD alley and there are piles of
CD's everywhere. Cluttered, crowded. Ahhh, yes.

Hep