ch-scene - Re: Thank Dennis, Isaac, Lauren, et al for Nightlight (was "nightlight website?")

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <rossi AT webslingerZ.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Thank Dennis, Isaac, Lauren, et al for Nightlight (was "nightlight website?")
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:51:13 -0400

James Hepler wrote:

I love the fact that admitting I've bought CD's at
Best Buy creates
the assumption I don't support the local retailers. A quick glance
around my computer shows the new Belle & Sebastian
CD from Schoolkids
and the new Fall album from CD Alley...not to
mentions scores of used
CD's (B-52's Whammy, the last Holly Go Lightly, from
each
respectively.) There's few things I love more than
scouring the used
bins at CD Alley where I always find something to
buy.

Oh, the USED BINS! Yeah, that's how local record
stores make their money. Why not just throw a quarter
in the gumball machine so Sean can pay to keep a 30
watt light bulb on for fifteen minutes?

;)

it was my understanding that profit margin on used CDs was actually better than on new. am i mistaken?

rossi