ch-scene - Re: Moving

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Moving
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:18:10 -0400

Everyone knows Pittsboro is the new Durham, which was the new Chapel Hill.

Chatham-bound as of today,

On Jun 24, 2004, at 7:49 PM, Kevin Darbro wrote:

Well, don't move to Apex! It pretty much sucks, and I can't wait to get
back to the Chapel Hill/Durham area.

That said, and others have mentioned it, Five Points is a really great area.
I've got some friends who moved there from Chapel Hill who now live in
Clayton (East of Raleigh, don't move there either), and they also miss
Chapel Hill. More so than Five Points, although they would move back there
if they could (they had a baby, so it's now all about school districts for
them).

Look in the Village Advocate (if that's still around in CH), and also check
out Carrboro. Carrboro was pretty cool, save the sometimes hour or longer
drive into downtown Raleigh for work.

Best of luck,

- Kevin Darbro