cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] (no subject)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] (no subject)
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 11:32:29 -0600

James Grimmelmann wrote:
> I agree. I would prefer a parallel distribution clause, but given the
> present state of the discussion, holding the issue over and leaving the
> licenses unchanged for now would be appropriate.

I was under the impression that we'd already reached this conclusion
weeks ago. ;-)

I think you'll find that if the problems you predict from sticking to
the anti-TPM language actually materialize over the next year or so,
that many of us would reconsider our positions. But as it stands, these
objections are entirely academic, while the objections to TPM+PD are
clear and present dangers of exploitation and abuse which would affect
not only future works, but existing works as well.

Cheers,
Terry