cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] (no subject)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Nic Suzor" <nic AT suzor.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 09:48:24 +1000

On 12/5/06, drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com> wrote:
PD proponents, is Greg right? Do you specifically want to permit the DRM-Dave
scenario or is that scenario juts something that you feel can't be avoided
when you want to get the benefits you see with the PD plan?

Personally, I'm after a copyleft licence which allows use in closed
systems, as long as any modifications to the licensed content are
released in some unencumbered form.

I don't mind if someone uses my content on a closed platform, but I
want to see the improvements come back.

This is why I think PD is important for the SA licences. I know that I
could choose a non-copyleft licence and my content would be available
for use in closed platforms. However, I wouldn't be entitled to see
and benefit from the modifications to my content.

cheers,

nic.

--
Nic Suzor