cc-licenses - Re: CC licenses and "moral rights"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <dcarrera AT math.umd.edu>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC licenses and "moral rights"
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:30:10 -0500

Peter Knupfer, H-Net wrote:

> How does the CC by-attribution/noncommercial/noderivatives license
> affect a licensor's exercise of moral rights in a text?

[snip]

> Outside the license, the author can refuse permission. Is this a correct
> interpretation of the license?

The license has this clause:

If You create a Collective Work, upon notice from any Licensor You must,
to the extent practicable, remove from the Collective Work any reference
to such Licensor or the Original Author, as requested.

Perhaps that covers the scenario you posed?

Daniel Carrera | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today! | I want it Tuesday.
http://oooauthors.org |