cc-licenses - Re: "Creative Commons in the News"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sigmascape1 AT cs.com
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: "Creative Commons in the News"
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:56:07 -0500

A website that takes the CC ideas and compares them to today's copyright
reality... life plus 70 years vs. a more moderate approach. My opinion of
copyright and Lessig's opinion of copyright vary little. Take what Lessig
says, and add to it info on public domain, and down-the-middle news of
current copyright law, and you have a 'balanced' look at the situation. Just
an idea.

I agree that CC's primary focus should be the commons, but addressing issues
that caused the development of CC is important as well.

Mitch