cc-licenses - Re: "Creative Commons in the News"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Branko Collin" <collin AT xs4all.nl>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: "Creative Commons in the News"
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:13:54 +0100
On 16 Mar 2005, at 10:01, Greg London wrote:
> Branko Collin said:

> > "Creative Commons in the News"
> > http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/15/2145245
>
> Wow. I read some of the replies further down and it
> is clear to me that people just don't get copyright.
> Even basic, all rights reserved, copyright, let alone
> spectrum of rights copyright.

Why should they? The law is supposed to reflect what people of good
will want. If people of good will "just don't get it", something may
be wrong with the law.

As an interface designer I always get a little bit miffed (just an
eensy teensy bit :-)) when somebody claims that "they just don't get
X", because "they" usually aren't supposed to.

Actually, I was surprised how much of copyright was understood. What
were your qualms specifically?

--
branko collin
collin AT xs4all.nl