cc-eyebeam - [cc-eyebeam] Re: Welcome to Distributed Creativity

cc-eyebeam AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons-Eyebeam Forum 2003 November 12-19

  • From: Nicholas AT commonrights.com
  • To: cc-eyebeam AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-eyebeam] Re: Welcome to Distributed Creativity
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:57:35 -0500 (EST)

I applaud the efforts of the Creative Commons and Distributed Creativity and
I too worry that the legal system will fail to support the ‘commons of
ideasÂ’. If someone wishes to share his or her work with society as a whole a
CC licence is ideal and is wonderful for consciousness raising.

Will open licences suffice to ensure a creative commons? I am not so sure.

The essence of individual creativity is feedback - artists working together,
the instant response of a street audience. A second important layer of
support for the artist is where consumers can purchase works to reward the
artist they like. Another type of feedback.

Can the Creative Commons and open licences support this type of feedback?