cc-eyebeam - new licenses -- Re: [cc-eyebeam] Welcome to Distributed Creativity

cc-eyebeam AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons-Eyebeam Forum 2003 November 12-19

  • From: cz AT zanni.org
  • To: cc-eyebeam AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: new licenses -- Re: [cc-eyebeam] Welcome to Distributed Creativity
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:18:56 -0500 (EST)

(Hello all...)

Hi Neeru,
how are you..
I have two questions for you:

you draw a picture or write a melody, it's protected whether you want it or
not.

In which sense? Do I need to write "this piece is under this xyz license" to
allow copies and so on?

What I think is that these new kind of licenses can be easier applied to
products sold in a more traditional context (music, texts) than to
art-objects sold in a parallel market such as artmarket is...

How do you think to apply these licenses to a painting? Or to a NetArt piece,
which in my mind has no big differences in poetics and authorship terms.

In truth I find CreativeCommons set of licenses very interesting ("Choose
License" tool is very helpful) but not so well applicable to an art piece...
but of course.. I'm here to learn and to know more about this subject.

thanks a lot,
best,

cz