baslinux - Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal via dialup Re: free shell account with mutt and text browsers

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal via dialup Re: free shell account with mutt and text browsers
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 13:02:17 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> I don't know what IP address to export to when I use
> dialup connection rather than running an ethernet
>
> On the server I am supposed to next
>
> export DISPLAY=192.168.X.X:0

While you are connected via dialup, execute:
--------
ifconfig
--------
You should see a block of information labled ppp0.
On the second line of this block, you should see
inet addr. That is your local address. To export
an X display from a remote server to your local
screen, put that local address in your export DISPLAY
command (which you enter on the remote server).