baslinux - Re: [BL] fifty meg. DOS loop file from AUSREG.com

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] fifty meg. DOS loop file from AUSREG.com
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:22:19 +0000

What happens when I try to install Opera is I run out of space. I can
install all needed dependencies. I then download the Opera 8.54 tar.gz.
Following the instructions I move it to /tmp. Then I run TAR -zxvf
opera*.tar.gz. It runs until it gets to the main Opera binary. It then
stops for several minutes and then the shell prompt comes back. As there are
other things to install after that I figure I am having a space issue. This
is why I am trying to expand the 20 meg file to 50. Maybe I can't use dd.
Maybe I have to mount the 2 files as loop files and copy one over to the
other.
-------------- Original message from baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org: