baslinux - Re: [BL] fifty meg. DOS loop file from AUSREG.com

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] fifty meg. DOS loop file from AUSREG.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:31:16 +1300

> I downloaded the 50 meg. DOS loop file from the AUSREG.com
> website. What I found is that ICEWM is installed and also
> apparently a XSERVER has been installed. Whatever XSERVER
> is on there will not work with my PC.

I am unfamiliar with exactly what is on that 50mb
loop file; however, I suspect Xvesa is still there.
Try executing this from the commandline:
-----
Xvesa
-----
Did that give you a grey screen with a black X
in the middle? If so, press CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE
to return to the commandline.

If Xvesa is still there, you should be able to
edit /usr/X11R6/bin/startx to restore the original
commands. Hopefully, the original is still in that
file (with # at the start of each line to stop them
from executing). Simply remove the # from the lines
you wish to execute and put a # at the start of the
lines you don't want to execute.

If Xvesa and/or the original startx aren't there,
you can probably copy them from your old loop file.