baslinux - Re: [BL] fifty meg. DOS loop file from AUSREG.com

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] fifty meg. DOS loop file from AUSREG.com
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:41:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I was thinking of replacing the existing Links2 with Links2ssl from the BL website. I guess I could download it, rename and overlay the old program. Same way I was thinking I could download the Links123 program and replace the Links-0.90 program that does not work now. I also tried Abiword, it comes up but then dies right away. What I would really like is to clean the added applications out and put in Opera. Or take the current 3.50 Loop version and expand it to 50 meg.

Just delete the old links. Nothing else uses it.
If you added the applications using a Slackware package,
If you have hd space and memory for links2 don't bother with links123.

tar -ztvf package.tgz shows what is in it.
Delete anything in bin or doc or man, but it is safer not to
delete libraries, since something else might use them.
What applications did you add?

Abiword I think needs 15-bit (16-bit?) color. So does Opera.
What color depth do you have set for X? Look in Xconfig of XF86Config.