baslinux - [BL] fifty meg. DOS loop file from AUSREG.com

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org (baslinux)
  • Subject: [BL] fifty meg. DOS loop file from AUSREG.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 05:07:18 +0000

I downloaded the 50 meg. DOS loop file from the AUSREG.com website. I
understood that there were many of the optional applications already
installed so there wasn't that much free space available. What I found is
that ICEWM is installed and also apparently a XSERVER has been installed.
Whatever XSERVER is on there will not work with my PC. The ICEWM screen
comes up when I type "startx" but I then get a black box in the middle of the
screen and no mouse pointer to be seen. Nothing works. How do I fix this?
Would it be possible to reload the FS.IMG with the contents of the normal 20
meg. FS.IMG without it being truncated to 20 meg.? The DD utility maybe? My
video card is a ATI but which one I don't know.