baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 and opera

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 and opera
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:37:05 +0100

Sindi,
Thank you very much for help.

I installed glibc.solibs 2.3.1. and misc-libs (which complained for lacking
of doinstall.sh or somethint...) as for bl3.
Then I downloaded, untar and run opera 8.54. It complains lack of a plug-in
("please install motif...") but it works for g-mail and https which I was
interested. It is not very fast but much faster than the speed I was used to
in ppp connection.
Links 0.93 for usual text browsing is incredibly fast. For this machine (and
hd....) that is at the moment more than I could expect.

BTW I have a minor problem.
With links 0.93, the one in bl2, I can't connect with most, almost all, ftp
sites ("ftp port command failed") which I could reach with the same links in
ppp connection, actually the mirror site
ftp://ftp.unina.it/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/. I can connect those
sites with opera.
To connect with ADSL via dhcp I did the following:
insmod 3c59x.o
I installed tcpip1.tgz from slackware 7.1 (following a hint found in the bl
archive) and run dhcp.
After installation I have a ftp directory in /home.
Have I to configure something in that directory? Or is that a problem
related to links browser?

Thank you.
Regards,

Giuseppe