baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 and opera

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 and opera
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:31:49 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> You will need more colors to run Opera 8. I suggest
> using BL3 instead

Since he already has BL2 installed and configured, I
would suggest that he keep the BL2 platform and simply
add a better Xserver (from Slackware 7.1). The most
common Xserver is xsvga.tgz, but there are several
other possibilities (it depends on the video card).
The BL2 FAQ has more information on this.

, which comes with Xvesa, a standard video driver that provides 24-bit color