baslinux - Re: [BL] BL on Toshiba T4800CT

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL on Toshiba T4800CT
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:18:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Steven,

> > > I also couldn't get links2 to work
> >
> > What was the specific problem?
>
> I don't remember now ... that was in a virtual
> machine, but it was configured like the Compaq,
> not like this Toshiba. I'm making a VM for the
> Toshiba right now, and will try it out and
> report back.
>

> > > and i would really like to have that.
> >
> > >From an xterm, excute: links2ssl -g

Thanks! In my virtual Toshiba T4800CT, links2ssl
is working great now!

I'm replying to you from my Yahoo email account,
and unfortunately i have to do that from another
browser (in either a different Virtual Machine
or in my "real" machine), because trying Yahoo
email in links2 gives "segmentation fault".

I know that part of the problem is Yahoo's
intensive use of Javascript, but i suppose
another part of it is the 12 MB memory that's
available for the whole machine ... only 29 MB
total even if you include the swap.

But anyway, i'm happy that this is working!
Next project (tonight) is to try the same thing
on the real Toshiba.

-monz