baslinux - Re: [BL] BL on Toshiba T4800CT

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL on Toshiba T4800CT
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:59:28 +0000 (UTC)

I have used jwm without a mouse (to exit X type Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, because the normal exit procedure requires clicking on a button).

Alt-F1 for the menu. You need to shift focus to the new window when you open a new window (Alt-Tab?). (Newer jwm does not require this but would not compile for Steven).

Icewm works perfectly without a mouse. So does Opera browser. Most other X programs such as xv have keyboard commands. I usually don't even leave a mouse plugged into my computer.

I put BL on a 1994 Compaq with a broken ; key and hit Fn-Alt-56 instead.
12MB memory, screwy video (I needed to rewrite XF86Config modelines and use svga X to get more than four colors).

Sindi Keesan