baslinux - Re: [BL] Installing BasicLinux to hard drive

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Installing BasicLinux to hard drive
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:24:31 +0000 (UTC)

I tried the dos version but it didn't work

It didn't boot at all?

I have had some computers (Gateway in particular) which do NOT work with loop linux at all. Loadlin does work (to ext2 installation).

If you get a loadlin error when you execute boot,
then you need to bring your system up in DOS
without going to Windows. You can do this by
pressing a "magic" key when Windows starts to
boot. I'm not sure what the magic key is for
Windows 98. It could be F4 or F5 or F8 or SHIFT
or CTRL. I'm not sure. Anybody got Windows 98
and can tell us?

F8 - choose command prompt only